- JDK 6 or higher (Sun or OpenJDK)
- Maven 2.2 or higher (http://maven.apache.org/guides/index.html)
If your computer is behind a proxy server, configure maven.
- Git (or directly download source from gitub), one of the following client:
- CLI on Linux or Mac OS X - Install git-core package
- Windows - Tortoise Git - (When installing msysgit be sure to choose Unix style line endings)
- Eclipse - Install egit
To clone the repository, first install GIT and either clone using a graphical GIT client (such as Tortoise Git) or directly from the command line using the command:
This command will copy the current development code (the "master" branch) into a local directory named Weasis.
|The trunk is not a stable version|
Check out a tag version to build a stable version, see tag list.
- Go in the Weasis directory, Compile and install all the plug-ins in the local Maven repository
- Requires to install all the plug-ins in the local Maven repository (see above Building all Plug-ins).
From 1.1.2 it is possible to use the compression pack200 that reduces jar size considerably. Note: it is recommended to use the Oracle jdk with this option (openjdk can throw packging errors).
For the WEB distribution
For using Weasis through Java Webstart, it is required to sign jar files with your own certificate (replace values in the command below by your own values). You can generate one with keytool.
The parameters must be placed in the maven user setting or has to be the options in the Maven command:
Note: On Mac OS X 10.8, a trust-worthy certificate from a certificate authority is now required to run Java Web Start applications without changing the security level of the system.
- Add the "-Dportable=true" option for building the portable distribution (cdrom or removable device).
On 64-bit system, it requires to install the 32-bit compatibility libraries to build the windows executable. On Linux you need to install ia32-libs package.
Do not place the sources in a path that contains directories with blanks or national characters, the compilation of the win32 executable can fail.
- The distribution files are located in: